Friday, July 18, 2008

New Name


Today is day 21 with the new name. Not legally of course, but in all other respects of being married. When I came back to work last week it was a whirl-wind of Bruner. It seems my work was more prepared for the name change than I was. On our honeymoon I was still traveling under the name Hickl, so I haven't really had the chance to get adjusted. I'm starting to get there. It will be a while before I don't have to think for a few seconds before responding when asked what my name is. Not the best feeling when people question your true identity because you take so long to answer. It makes people feel very suspicious.

Nevertheless, I am on my way to social security today to finally get my name changed legally. Then it's on to DPS, then banks, then insurance...so on and so forth. They even have packets online that come with all the documents to fill out. At first I thought it was so rediculous that people would need that, but I'm starting to see how those people make a living making new brides lives easier. After all, once the wedding is over life is supposed to become easy and blissful. So far, I can't complain too much.

No comments: