Thursday, November 20, 2008

Tight Tights

Today was the first time I have worn tights since about 4 years ago with a thing called pledging. You siggies know what I'm talking about! 3-4 layers of pantyhose in that suntan color...but at least they were warm on those cold nights outdoors. After that I swore to never wear panty hose or tights again. I caved this morning. With the 40 mph gusts of wind and nearly freezing air I really don't blame myself. It was a last minute decision, I stood at my back door contemplating if I should take the time to squeeze into them. With one final gust I was sold, tights it is! Most times you like putting on your new clothes and wearing them for the first time, but I think tights are the one piece of clothing where this isn't the case (and possibly new white tennis shoes, because they are almost neon white). It was difficult to even do the classic 'roll up' to put them on. I forget how much thicker tights are than pantyhose. I got a bit of a workout pulling and jumping to stretch them out for the first time. Once I successfully got them on I was sad to see that all the decorative lines on them were all over the place. Then I tried to swivel them around my leg despite their skin tightness. I finally gave up and left my other leg to be crooked. It wasn't worth it. Now having worn them for several hours they are growing on me. The keep away the tinge of cold in the air and are pretty slimming on my normally enormous calves. I think that tights and I may have rekindled a relationship. I shouldn't hold the bad experiences with pantyhose over them. I just hope I can go the whole day without getting a run.

2 comments:

lhall said...

i found this post rather humorous because tights are HUGGGGE here. everyone wears them...with shorts, skirts, trousers, denims....everything. i can probably count on one hand the number of days that i've gone without wearing them since catching on to the trend.

way to be a trendsetter back in the states! and rock those tights.

looking forward to maybe seeing you when i'm in town for a couple of days right before christmas!

Elliott and Cherry Wood said...

Krystina-I had to leave a comment because I did the EXACT thing a couple of weeks ago!! I usually always go without tights--and haven't worn a pair of pantyhouse/tights since pledging our sophomore year, but I decided being frigid all day wasn't worth it, so I sat on our floor and smashed myself into them and stayed warm all day! Mine didn't have pretty designs--I should look into those. Hope you guys are doing well!