Monday, February 16, 2009

Post Valentines High

What a day...valentines. A most loved and hated holiday by singles and romantically attached alike. Jon and I have found excuses in the past to have a very low key valentines day. The last time I even went out to dinner for valentines it ended tragically. After driving around from restaurant to restaurant for hours...literally...we opted for fast food, we had to eat at some point! Plus, how did we know that restaurants in Abilene actually take reservations!

No, this year Jon and I opted for the traditional low-key celebration. However there was a pleasant addition to our homemade meal. I somehow convinced Jon to get us each a massage to, you know, celebrate our love by relaxing. It was magical! I haven't had a massage in some time, so I made sure to work up a ton of knots to make it more worth while. If you happen to like the idea of a massage and live in Abilene, go to Healthy Skin. They offer you wine and a fruit plate while you wait! nice, I know. After falling asleep and becoming acutely aware of how relaxed I was it was over. On to grocery shopping and cleaning. Note to self, do not schedule anything after a massage for the entirety of the day. ever.

We ended up cooking a wonderful dinner at home, just the two of us. AND! BONUS! I got to use my china for the first time. I was honestly really scared to use it, but it was beautiful and did not break when I picked it up. Woo-hoo! However I did manage to singe my pretty Gerbera Daisies to the point of no return with tea candles. I think one may have survived though!

It was a wonderful valentines. Thank you Aphrodite!

No comments: