Thursday, February 5, 2009

Update

Soooooo...I know it's been a while. I'm starting to get awful at this! At first I had to keep myself from writing several posts per day! Oh how things have changed. I have been a very busy girl since Christmas though. Last week I was in Houston doing my whole job thing. I used to really really like being 'on the road' recruiting. Face time with students is so much better than over the phone. But this last trip was excruciatingly long. I was away from my hubby for too long, and I didn't feel like any of our events past Tuesday were even worth being down there. Oh well. I must admit, shopping at the Galleria during our spare time was a pick-me-up though. The next biggie is our Houston Rockets game. I wasn't super duper excited about this one until I went and saw the Penthouse Suite and the Toyota center...then I got a little excited about having our event there. However, with this event I'm really afraid of the two extremes that we'll have nobody show up or we'll have double how many we plan for. The later is definitely better than the first...we'll see.

One new thing is that I've started my new years resolution of working out again. I have been really bad for the last 6 months and I need to get out of this funk. I've gone twice so far this week, both in the morning! So I'm proud of myself, even if I'm starting my resolution a month late. One funny thing is that I think everyone in my office has made the same resolution, lets face it everyone's resolution is to loose those 5 extra pounds. I literally see somebody there every time I go. We are such an active group!! I wish us girls still did intramurals. That is always such a good outlet for me, both physically and competitively. Poor Jon must contend with my competitive outrage in Mario Kart. I take it very seriously...but it's all I have! He won't play me in real sports because I get very easily frustrated...what can I say, it's my Achille's heel. So if anyone is reading this and needs a not-really-in-shape athelete to fill a position for them, I'm your girl.

Well I gotta hit the phones...7 more calls and I'm out!

Peace!

No comments: