Monday, December 14, 2009

Running/Skiing

After watching the season finale of 'The Biggest Loser' I have had enough. If these people can run a marathon, I sure can. For several years now it has been a I wanted to accomplish. I'm finally stepping up and making it happen, in moderation.

After discussing with Jon the how consuming school and work will be, we decided a good compromise would be for me a just run a half this time. So, a half marathon it is. The date is set for April 11th in Dallas, The Big 'D'(that is the name of the marathon, not how I refer to Dallas). I somehow recruited my friend Ashley to run with me for moral support. This morning was our 2nd run, so far so good! We've also been recruiting other Abilenians to join us! So far we have added 6 others, anyone else who wants to run just let me know. Jan 5th is the last day to sign up before the entry fee increases. If you don't want to run you can come and cheer us on during the race! We will need all the support we can get. Especially around mile 10. Posters and bull horns are preferable.

In other news, we leave to go skiing/ snowboarding this Saturday. FINALLY!!! I had so much fun yesterday getting out all our snow gear and packing everything. Snowboarding is SO much fun and I'm glad I get to go two years in a row. I'm just praying my legs hold up and aren't super tired.

This will also be the beginning to our Christmas break and time with family and friends. We can't WAIT to see Jace and Randy and have so much fun with them on the slopes. Then it is off to have some relaxing time with Jon's family. This will be my first Christmas without my family and I'm super bummed. But hopefully our amazing Thanksgiving will tide me over for a while. I'm excited to be with Jon's family and learn all their family traditions, and have some yummy Christmas food!!

Until Next Time...

No comments: