Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Fall into the season

I am so glad it is fall!!! I'm ready to pull out all my sweaters and boots and carve pumpkins! It is still in the 80s here is Abilene, but I am holding out hope for that eventual cold front to blow through and cool things off. I really want to go and take pictures in a pumpkin patch! I've always wanted to do that, especially when I see all the cute family photos. They all have on their jeans and matching cable-knit sweaters. They should be on the front of a J.Crew magazine. I'm not sure if I can convince Jon to do it, but he has been more open to wearing sweaters lately, which is a good sign. My favorite parts of fall are
a. The leaves changing and the amazing colors (we're going to Illinois in a few weeks and I can't wait to see the trees!)
b. Thanksgiving, my fav food of all time!
c. Wearing fall fashion, and I love pea coats
d. That Christmas is just around the corner!

While riding in the car back from Church Sunday I was wondering when it would be appropriate to start playing Christmas music again. Jon thought I was ridiculous, but I have gone 10 months without it! So...I went onto Pandora yesterday and tuned into my Christmas station from last year. Jon was right...it is too early. I hate that I always want to forget Thanksgiving and move on to Christmas. How could I with all that amazing food!!! This year however will be different. In efforts to keep our families happy during the Holidays, Jon and I have decided to do Thanksgiving with one and Christmas with the other. This year, Thanksgiving is with the Bruners. It is going to be really weird to not be at home this year. I can't say that Hickl Thanksgivings at my aunts house are the most fun...but the food is always top notch. I have no idea what the Bruners are used to and I'm a little nervous. What if I don't get my fill of broccoli rice casserole? Mom knows it is my favorite and always makes enough to last for a few days! I can only hope for the best I guess.

I was always worried about when this time would come because I'm the first in the family to screw our traditions up. I'm trying not to worry about it, but it is really hard. So, those of you who are single...enjoy your time of normalcy and tradition while you can!

No comments: