Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Go Wildcats!

One thing that I've found interesting over the last year is how much more school spirit I have. Not because I have to for my job...but real legitimate school spirit! I wasn't the best Wildcat supporter while in college. I didn't attend sporting events regularly or anything, I rarely knew when they were happening even! But as Homecoming approaches this weekend I am getting more and more excited. I had to miss the last home football game and I am so excited to see our guys do amazing! Plus, I just love how alums come back and the parade and homecoming chapel and the homecoming queen. It is all so much fun and such a fun tradition. Here is a pic of Siggie pledges during the Homecoming parade when I helped with costumes! They are so cute!


It's so ironic how my job has made me appreciate ACU like I never did as a student. I knew ACU was a special place, I just didn't know how special. ACU is truly a gem. I think that we have become so adjusted to what ACU has to offer that we don't realize how special it really is. I love talking with families who have never seen or heard about ACU before after they visit the campus. They are blown away every time. They tell me all the things they are impressed with and love and it makes me realize how other schools are lacking in so many areas. I understand why older Alums don't want ACU to change. They have an idea in their mind of what ACU is and that it should always be that way. But they can rest assured that ACU's heritage is not going anywhere and God will always be praised on this campus. Praise God for the abundant blessings He pours out on those who are faithful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that squig behind amanda steffins in that picture is ME!!! That was my pledge year!!!