Thursday, April 16, 2009

Tea Party?

Last night I had the pleasure of participating in Abilene's Tax Day Tea Party protesting the outrageous spending by our Federal government. It was refreshing to see all those Abilenians supporting our founding fathers. I always get really sentimental when I hear of courageous soldiers fighting to preserve our freedom. I stirs up the American inside of me and makes me so proud of our country. Well yesterday I had the same thing happen. After work I ventured to downtown Abilene to show my support. I didn't have any signs or tea bags, unfortunately, but I think the other participants more than made up for me. There was a sea of red, white and blue and flags waiving in every direction. The statement in our national anthem 'the land of the free, and the home of the brave' took on a new meaning to me. We are an outraged people demanding our freedom. Our freedom from the tyranny of tax burdens and a government that doesn't care enough about our hard earned money to read the bills they are signing. Why are congressmen and women from other states, not Texas who represents us, signing off to take our money and spend it as they choose. When will the 10th amendment be reinstated instead of rejected? We are a people who are also brave. We will stand up and fight for what we believe in since our elected officials won't. We will stand up against slander and spoil and defamation because what we believe in is the foundation of this country and we wont sit back while Washington stops on the dreams of our founding fathers. I am so proud of my fellow Americans who are fed up and finally doing something about it. Praise God that there are still people willing to take a stand to keep His name as a governing force of our Nation.

Some of my favorite posters from yesterday:

"If God only wants 10% who does Uncle Sam think he is?"

"The Government is my newest dependent"

"Taxation WITH representation aint so hot either"

"Don't tax what I haven't even earned"

"Tea party today, tar and feathers tomorrow"

"Give it back freedom doesn't need change"

"Save our trees stop printing money"

And here are a few pics:










Update on the house soon!


Krystina

No comments: