Thursday, May 21, 2009

And the winner is...

KRIS!!!



I don't know about you, but Jon and I were so anxious to get home and see the results from this long awaited season finale. I thought this show had, by far, the best musical guests of the year. But, hey why not save the best for last. I thought it very fitting that Adam performed with Queen and Kiss, both of whom are awesome but lets face it...their prime was gone years ago. This is why I think Adam lost. Although he was talented indeed, he fits into an era that has passed. Rock and Roll is not what it used to be. Sure, we love to sing along with those good 'ol favs that everyone loves, but is it current? I think that many people are mad that a regular guy who doesn't have the creative genius of a 'rock god' won. But I happen to think that is precisely what the show is about. Sure, Adam is 'glam' and 'hollywood' and honestly he will still probably be a bigger hit than Kris...but I think that American Idol is about finding the undiscovered hidden talent in everyday people and making them into something extraordinary. I love that Kris was the underdog that got a chance and ran with it. Kudos to both guys who are super talented in very different ways. I think it could have gone either way honestly. I wonder how that 100 million votes breaks down, I really wish they would release those. Good season American Idol. Truly the most talented bunch we've seen so far!

oh....and how awesome that Kara DioGuardi totally showed up bikini girl in both talent and physic. You get it Kara!

No comments: