Monday, May 18, 2009

Make a Move

This weekend Jon and I started making the first move into the new house. We still have a little sprucing up to do though. Saturday I spent 3 hours scrubbing a wall to get stupid wallpaper glue off. This dedication to my new little house came at a cost though, on Sunday morning I could barely lift my right arm :( However, this will save us time and money on the house which I am okay with. But my shoulder is not in agreement. We also learned how to replace a thermostat, yay us! I feel like this is going to be an awesome learning experience for us. Before now, I had no idea about appliances, flooring, roofing, foundations, landscaping, etc. But soon enough I will. We have a guy that is supposed t0 come by tomorrow to texture our walls and then the painting will ensue! I thought this would be a much faster process, but I am learning patience.

Yesterday we also got some moving done! I packed up most of the office/2nd bedroom to move it over. After the first load, I realized how much longer this takes than just throwing it in the car. So we made 2 more loads of just packing whatever was not attached to something into Jon's car. The good and bad part about this initial move is that I now really understand what an extra 1000 square feet does, it dwarfs all the furniture you have. Honestly, the house looks the exact same as before we started moving things. This just makes me realize how much more furniture we need to buy, good for me and bad for Jon. Which reminds me! We made our first big purchase, other than the house itself. We got our fridge!! It is sooo pretty! We won't officially get it until next weekend though. Beal's has some great deals if you are looking for appliances. They have a 'damaged' room with really nice appliances that stores can't sell because of dings or scratches. Ours was an overstocked item in perfect shape that was about 30% off! Also, in case you are in the market...May 23rd is a "no tax for energy star appliance day" in Texas. Just fyi.

Well that's all for now. Hopefully I'll get some new pics soon of the house all painted! yay!!

No comments: