Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Happy (belated) Mother's Day

This weekend I had the pleasure of visiting many moms! Luckily Mam-ma came down with a friend from church who was having surgery. She was helping her in her post-op and keeping her company during the several weeks she is in Dallas. I could not pass up the chance to see Mam-ma, so Jon and I packed up went to Dallas Saturday after graduation. On the way we had pleasure of eating lunch with Jon's family and seeing his aunts and Maw-maw (not to be confused with Mam-ma). We stopped to see them in Weatherford for a few hours, then eventually made it to Dallas. That night, me, Jon, Mom, Dad, and Mam-ma went out to eat at Houlihan's. I had a very interesting Noodle bowl, which I wouldn't recommend. I would recommend the stuffed chicken. YUM! Mom always knows best and picks the yummiest thing on the menu! We called it an early night.

Sunday we got up and went to church at Prestoncrest Church of Christ with the Wenzels! yay! I haven't been to that church before but it was beautiful! Mom and Mam-ma were, of course, adorned with their corsages. This was the first year Mam-ma had to wear white roses in over 55 years. What a blessing to have your mother around that long!! In addition to seeing the Wenzels, I also had the pleasure of running into Sarah Dean Smith! and I got to see her precious little boy. Happy first mother's day Sarah!!!

After church we went out to lunch at La Madeline with the Wenzels. Tomato Basil soup! yum!! But we had to hit the road shortly after. Many more moms to see!! Next we headed to see Grammy. Jon's grandma on his dad's side. We visited them for about an hour. Showing house pictures and catching up. Discussing the most reliable electricity companies, a civil suit against Michelin tires, etc. We left with two packs of rootbeer in hand, score! Then we headed over to aunt Jo's to visit Maw Maw. They had a brisket cookout, but seeing as it was 4 pm it wasn't really chow time. We again showed pictures of the house, and made it out of there with brisket and rolls. How are we so luck! So I'm sure you can guess what we had for dinner that night!

To all you mothers out there, I can't imagine where we would be without you. Thank you for your guidance, friendship, nourishment, reliance, support, sacrifice and unconditional love. You deserve more than one day of celebration, so just know that every day we succeed in life you are praised.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Yall were at Prestoncrest????? We were there! How did we miss you??? Sad I didn't get to see you there, but hope yall are doing well. I can't wait to see the house! Miss you friend!