Friday, June 19, 2009

Girls night out

Last night was super refreshing. After a long week me and a few gals from work hit the Warehouse up for a couple drinks. Although we were 4 of 8 people there for a majority of the night, and we could hardly hear for rave music blasting in the background, it was such a good time. There is something about sipping martini's with the girls every once in a while that reinforces our 'poshness'. After all, there are not many occasions in my life that I get to wear the fancy top I bought that one time cause it looked amazing, despite having nowhere to wear it to. Case and point, the floor length Grecian formal dress I bought Sunday which I'm already lamenting to have to take back. But Jon made me come to my senses. Stacey, Stacey, Ashley and I got in some great well-needed girl talk. Who would think that when you step into this place you are transported from Abilene, TX to an awesome chic place in some big city. It's a great feeling. Too bad the realization that these prices are ridiculous brings us down off of cloud 9 (no not the trashy strip club in Abilene), but it is worth it.

One thing to top of this night of pleasantry was seeing Kim Leedy's bachelorette party take place!!! It was great to see Cherry and Lauren Baker and the girls , it reminded me of my party back in the day. We decided that everyone should get more than one bachelorette party in their lifetime. We are now designating a once a month bachelorette party where we alternate being the 'bride'. Why not? You know you are jealous you didn't come up with the idea yourself, and yes you can come if you want. But you have to come to Abilene. Here is to more girls nights out to come. Cheers!

No comments: