Thursday, June 11, 2009

New Job

Over the past few months I have felt really drained in my work and very unsuccessful. It has been a weird mental battle for me to keep working hard and not give up even though I know that it is highly unlikely that I will meet my enrollment goal in the fall. I've spent a lot of time in prayer about it because Jon and I just bought a house, so I couldn't quit. Plus there aren't a ton of jobs open right now. After a while, my big (higher up) boss approached me about taking a position that one of my coworkers, Ashley, left open. I was super skeptical because I knew how hard this job was on Ashley and the struggles she had, it did not sound appealing. But after a couple of long talks with my boss and big boss, I began to think that this might be a good change. Better than what I'm currently doing at least.

So, as of Monday I accepted a new job in the admissions office at ACU. I will now be the admissions counselor for pre-senior high school students. I am hoping that this will be a well needed refreshing change from what I am currently doing. My boss has promised me that this position is being recreated and he wants me to run with it and make it my own, which I am very happy to do! I am hoping to make this more of a marketing position, that was another promise made to me. Please keep me in your prayers because right now I really need a job that gives me purpose and that I feel I'm good at. I've been struggling to believe that I have the ability to perform and be good at my job. I hate that feeling! And in sales success is measured in black and white, not a good combination for me right now.

Also! Jon is up for a promotion at work. New hierarchical positions aren't created that often at ACU, so advancing in your career can take a long time. But it so happens that a new supervisor position opened up in Jon's department and he is in the running for it! :D We are keeping our fingers crossed that he gets it. If this falls through there is another guy that might be leaving, and we think Jon might get his job...so there may be a lot of changes happening for him too.

No comments: