Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Our newest addition to the family

She is finally here!! Saturday morning we went and picked up our new little bundle of joy, Penelope (Penny) Bruner. Jon and I were really nervous about meeting her for the first time, we hadn't really seen pictures of her since she was a tiny little 2 week old puppy. We went to the farmer's market in downtown Dallas to meet her breeder. (The farmer's market is amazing by the way! everyone needs to go there sometime and check out all the fresh produce and flowers, just awesome!) When he pulled her and her sister out of their kennel I started beaming. They were the cutest little puppies I have EVER seen. Unfortunately we had to choose between the two sisters, who looked identical. We seriously couldn't decide. Finally we made a decision and she said goodbye to her sister. Later we saw the another guy walking with the other puppy, I covered Penny's eyes so she wouldn't get sad. Saturday was a rough day for her and she slept a LOT. She finally perked up a little and we are starting to see her personality a lot more. She is really inquisitive, playful, smart and determined. But she is learning really fast and is already attached to us which I love. Here are some pictures!

cuddles


sleeping with daddy


tug of war


favorite toy "the beaver"



I'll have tons of stories to share, I'm sure. Jon and I are already having fun trading stories about her silly/cuteness. Hopefully you'll get to meet her soon!

1 comment:

Wase... said...

What a cute puppy!